Deadline for Applications:
Monday 5th August 2019
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL: email@example.com
Job DESCRIPTION: • Conduct health promotion awareness sessions.
• Assessing prisoners’ healthcare and service needs (including mental health cases) and refer cases to the general physician and the psychologist/psychiatrist as required.
• Distribute medicines and medical materials/supplies.
• Minimizing risks to prisoners, including infection control, by monitoring the detention status.
• Make sure safety health standards are met.
• Monitor the progress and compliance of POC in treatment.
• Protection monitoring (identified violations) at detention facilities, documenting and referring situations of concerns to social workers for reporting to UNHCR.
• Provide other activities as deem fit.
Job Qualifications: • Registered Nurse holding Bachelor degree.
• Previous working experience with NGOs is preferable.
• Adhere to all of SHEILD policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct.
• Ability to work in challenging conditions (e.g. Prison, weather, noise) and to cope with security context.
• Ability to work as part of a team and participate in all activities of the Program.
• Ability and willingness to work in different areas in Lebanon.
• Fluent Arabic and good English language skills
• Record basic information on individual patient health for the file.
• Direct Reporting as per line work; coordination for follow up and segregation of duties in alignment with the work plans and timeframes.
• The job holder shall adhere to her/his nursing tasks in alignment with standard professional norms of the nursing sector in Lebanon; any decisions beyond responsibility should be discussed with head of Medical Unit and/or coordinated with the Program Manager as relevant to the situation.
• Attend trainings organized by SHEILD, partner or any other external organization